These awards aim to recognise outstanding contributions or achievements which enhance environmental, economic and social sustainability. This was the fifth year of the awards.
The awards serve two important purposes. Firstly they recognise achievements in sustainability. Secondly they show others in the Clarence Valley community how some individuals and groups are developing lifestyles or methods or skills that look to meeting the challenges of today and the future.
- Reducing energy use - thereby saving money and reducing carbon emissions
- Utilising renewable energy - solar power
- Plant propagation and food production
- Teaching young people about sustainability
- Teaching young people about ecosystems and biodiversity
- Educating the general community
- Community engagement including developing links with volunteers and local businesses
- Supporting local community groups
Education - Dundurrabin Public School
Community - Lower Clarence Community Garden (Yamba)
Individual - Di Luxton
Business - Plantation Organic Bakery
THE LOWER CLARENCE COMMUNITY GARDEN